As we celebrate World Environment Day, it's important to remember that we have “Only One Earth”. Our planet is running out of time and we need to take action to protect it. Global warming, nature and biodiversity loss, and pollution are harming the globe and leading to climate change. Together, we need to be aware of the situation and take action to save our planet.
“The 2022 World Environment Day campaign #OnlyOneEarth calls for collective, transformative action on a global scale to celebrate, protect, and restore our planet.”
Governments, industries, non-profit organizations, and millions of individuals are taking specific actions to move towards sustainability. We can all make a difference by taking small actions in our homes, workplaces, and communities. Let's work together to rewrite the rules for a better future.
6 Ways You Can Save Our Planet
We all want to do our part to protect the environment, but it can be difficult to know where to start. Here are some simple ways you can make a difference:
1) Raise your voice: Participate actively in discussions about air quality and pollution, also encourage your local government and businesses to take action.
2) Make sustainable choices: Think about the impact of your purchases on the environment, choose products that are eco-friendly and support local communities.
3) Food: What we eat has a big impact on the environment. Choose local, organic food whenever possible, and avoid wasting food.
4) Moving: Try walking or biking for short trips instead of driving. If you need to use a car, try carpooling or using cleaner fuels.
5) Stuff: We often buy things we don't really need. Try to purchase only items that are essential and look for products that can be reused or recycled.
6) Choose natural: Selecting sustainable products made from natural materials helps reduce our impact on the planet.
There is #OnlyOneEarth and each of us has the power to spark the change needed for people and the planet.
A Mattress With a Mission
At Haven, sustainability is at the heart of everything we do – from using recycled and renewable materials, to having a paperless ordering system and clean supply chains. We use plant-based and vegan materials, which helps to reduce our carbon footprint.
REPREVE ® Our Ocean ® Fiber
We are proud to use Repreve ® Our Ocean ® fiber in our mattresses helps to eliminate plastic waste from our oceans. A queen-sized Haven mattress is made up of 25 recycled plastic bottles!
Reducing Fossil Fuel Emissions
We are constantly looking for different ways to reduce our emissions of fossil fuels. One way we do this is with our our eCommerce supply chain. By selling direct-to-consumer, we minimize the amount of transportation required for your mattress, which lowers emissions even further.
We choose to use local materials for our mattresses. This helps us to shrink our carbon footprint even more by reducing the distance that these materials need to be transported.
All the energy used at our manufacturing facility comes from green sources, such as solar or wind power. This allows us to operate without emitting any harmful pollutants into the environment.
Renewable Materials in our Mattress
The materials used in our mattresses are all renewable and natural, such as bamboo, Talalay latex, bio-foam, and coper. These help to improve airflow and keep you cool while you sleep, without emitting any harmful chemicals.
Our mattresses are certified for zero-off gassing and the following:
· Low VOCs/off-gassing (99.9% pure, less than 2 parts per million)
· No ozone depleters
· No heavy metals (including mercury and lead)
· No prohibited phthalates
· No formaldehyde
· No BPDE (chemical-based) flame retardants
We have #OnlyOneEarth. What will you do to protect it?
Find more information about Haven Sleep Co. commitment here.