Welcome to the world of mattress toppers!
If you're looking to upgrade your bed and you don’t know which mattress topper is best for you, here is a full guide to understand how it will help you and which to choose.
Sometimes you don’t need to buy a brand-new mattress, a mattress topper could be the perfect solution. This additional layer of padding sits atop your existing mattress to provide extra comfort and support, as well as it will extend its life.
If you're looking to significantly change the feel of your bed, It will work to! It can be used to make your bed either firmer or softer, depending on your preferences. Because toppers are typically thicker than mattress pads, they are better equipped to alter the feel of your bed.
In addition to adjusting the firmness of your bed, toppers can also help regulate your body temperature while you sleep. Many toppers are made from breathable materials that help to keep you cool and comfortable throughout the night.
There are a variety of types of mattress toppers to choose from, each with its own unique benefits. Memory foam toppers, for example, are a popular choice for their excellent support and pressure relief. They're also a great for allergy sufferers, as they are naturally resistant to dust mites and other allergens. On the other hand, feather mattress toppers offer a luxurious, plush sleeping experience.
What does a Mattress Topper Have to Offer?
- Use: A mattress topper is used to noticeably change a mattress’ feel and provide extra pressure relief. Toppers can also revitalize an old mattress or lengthen the life of a new one.
- Feel: it creates a more marked change in the way the bed feels. Depending on the type, a topper can make a mattress softer or firmer.
- Durability: The average mattress topper should perform optimally for 3 to 5 years.
- Cost: They are generally more expensive than mattresses’ pads. The average queen-size topper costs between $150 and $400.
- Cleaning and Care: While not as low maintenance as mattresses pads, most toppers have removable covers that are machine-washable. The interior components must generally be spot-treated, though, and more designs should only be dry-cleaned.
5 Types of Mattress Toppers
If you visit a bedding and bath shop, you'll likely see an entire aisle dedicated to mattress toppers. With so many options available, it can be confusing to choose the best one for your needs. Additionally, as toppers can be expensive, you don't want to risk purchasing one that doesn't meet your needs and ends up ruining your sleep rather than improving it. The most common materials for mattress toppers include:
- Latex: This option is very supportive, but may not be suitable for those who prefer a softer bed. Additionally, if anyone in your household has a latex allergy, you'll want to avoid this material.
- Memory foam: These highly sought-after s are available in a variety of thicknesses and densities. This material also offers excellent cushioning and support.
- Polyester blends: This is the least expensive option, providing the least amount of support. However, polyester blends, also known as fibrefill, can be a good alternative for those who like the feel of feathers but have allergies.
- Feathers: Feather toppers are incredibly soft but offer minimal support. It's important to make sure you're not allergic to feathers before purchasing this type of topper.
- Wool: While mattress pads can provide a little extra padding between you and the mattress, they are unlikely to be effective in providing support for issues like arthritis.
At Haven Sleep Co, we offer the Haven Soft Comfort Mattress Topper, a unique combination of comfort and support that is sure to improve the quality of your sleep. Made in Canada and designed to fit any mattress. This topper is constructed with a combination of high-density memory foam and a quilted top layer of cooling gel.
The memory foam provides support while the cooling gel regulates body temperature, ensuring a comfortable and supportive sleep experience every night.
In addition to all its benefits for your own personal comfort, it can also be a great way to support charitable causes. We are committed to giving back and have partnered with various charities to make a positive impact on our community and beyond. By choosing a Haven Soft Comfort Mattress Topper, you can improve your sleep and contribute to making a difference in the world.