No need to order in or visit a restaurant, with these simple recipes you’ll be satisfied at home! Refreshing mojitos, savoury BBQ tofu, and zesty salad make for a delicious plant-based meal any day of the week, and overlapping ingredients keep shopping easy.
Lemon & Basil Mojitos
Made with basil and lemon, these are an easy twist on the classic mojito. This recipe makes one cocktail - scale up for a group!
- Sprig of basil
- Sprig of mint
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar or agave nectar
- 1 ½ ounces clear rum
- Big squeeze of fresh lemon, or 2 tablespoons bottled lemon
- Club soda or seltzer
- In a sturdy glass, muddle fresh basil and mint leaves with your sugar. Add rum and lemon juice.
- Fill the glass with ice, top it off with club soda and stir it with a spoon.
Vegan BBQ Tofu
No meat needed for a satisfying BBQ meal! Add a splash of hot sauce to the marinade if you like some heat.
- One block of firm or extra firm tofu
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Vegan worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
¼ tbsp smoked paprika
- Wrap tofu in a clean kitchen towel and press moisture out for at least 10 minutes. It’s easy to do this by placing a heavy pan or book on the wrapped tofu block.
- While the tofu is pressing, whisk together soy sauce, maple syrup, worcestershire sauce, olive oil, lime juice, onion powder, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Cut tofu into thick slices.
- In a Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine the marinade and tofu; marinate for at least 1 hour to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the tofu from the marinade.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Add tofu to grill and cook, flipping once and basting with marinade after about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve and enjoy!
Farro and Grilled Corn Salad
Simple ingredients are mighty when combined! Add seeds or nuts for extra nutrition and crunch.
- 1 cup uncooked farro grain
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- ¼ cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup halved kalamata olives
- ¼ cup chopped basil leaves
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Bring 5 cups of water and a large pinch of salt to a boil. Add the farro and reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until farro is al dente - about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While the farro is cooking, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat (or, preheat a grill to medium-high.) Rub the corn with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook, turning with tongs, until charred, about 10 minutes. Cut off the kernels and add to the farro bowl.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, olives, and basil to the corn and farro bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dijon mustard, minced garlic clove, paprika and lemon juice until garlic is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the remaining olive oil along with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the farro bowl and toss well; season to taste, if needed and serve. Enjoy!
If you try these recipes, let us know! Send us a message, or tag us on Facebook and Instagram.