Vegan Chocolate Chip Brownie Stuffed Cookies Recipe
Do you think that eating plant-based means only salads and smoothies? Think again!
This vegan treat recipe is thanks to Haven partner Courtney, a naturopathic doctor in Guelph, and can be found as a product in her Well Baked Box business! You’ll have 12 large cookies to enjoy (you don't have to share). Tag us online if you make them!
- 1 3/4 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa or cacao
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 vegan “egg” ( 1 tsp of ground flax + 1 tsp ground chia + 3 tbsp of water)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with silicone or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla and mix well.
- Make your vegan egg in a separate small bowl (ground flax + ground chia + water) and mix well.
- Combine your vegan egg with the wet ingredients.
- Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, and baking soda to the wet ingredients (DO NOT mix cacao powder or chocolate chips yet!).
- Mix well, until dough is formed.
- Remove about 1/4 of the dough to a small bowl, and add in the cacao powder. Mix together well to ensure its combined throughout the dough.
- To the remaining 3/4 of dough, add the chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the chocolate chip cookie dough into 12 balls. Divide the brownie dough into 12 equal balls.
- Press a ball of cookie dough flat in your hand and place a brownie ball in the center. Wrap the cookie dough around it and roll into a ball.
- Place on the cookie sheet and repeat with remaining balls.
- Flatten them gently as they don't spread out much on their own.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Let cool & ENJOY